THE 1ST ANNUAL NYC FERMENTATION FESTIVAL
NYC’s 1st Festival dedicated to all things fermented
Brooklyn Expo Center: 72 Noble St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
Feb. 25, 2017 - 11am-3:30pm
• Fermentation Expo – 30+ vendors from which to sample and purchase fermented goods for onsite consumption or takeaway
• DIY Fermentation Guidance Help Desks – fermentation authorities to answer all questions
• Educational Programming – 9+ fermentation seminars and demonstrations
• NYC DIY Community – NYC fermentation meetup groups/organizations
• Brewnity – NYC’s local homebrew clubs
• Adult fermented beverages – NYC made beer sold by the glass
• Child fermentation fun & education – fermented vegetable popup workshops
• Live acoustic music by the Homebrewsicians (and more TBD)
• Live podcast recording – Episode #200 of Fuhmentaboudit! on Heritage Radio Network
• Stuf'd and Empanada Sonata's food trucks will be outside selling food
All Festival proceeds benefit The NYC Brewers Guild & Just Food.
WHAT IS FERMENTATION?
1. the chemical breakdown of a substance by bacteria, yeasts, or other microorganisms, typically involving effervescence and the giving off of heat.
• the process of fermentation involved in the making of beer, wine, and liquor, in which sugars are converted to ethyl alcohol.
"I had found Paris in high fermentation"